Pitch-color-voice?

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 11:57:13 +0200

> << I would like someone to come up with a language for piano sound.  Pipe
> organ techs have somewhat of an organ sound language, but I think we could do
> better than harsh, mushy, strident, cello like, dead, etc.  I would like to
> see some ideas. >>

Actually, wouldnt it be nice if we (techs and owners) could come up with some
semblance of aggreement on a list of terms relating to piano sound. How much
easier it would make identifing a particular customers voicing needs /
complaints.

That being said, I think what we are stuck with is doing our best to try and
build up a dialogue with each customer, seek as quickly as possible to identify
just what they mean when they use any particular term. Probably, language use
varies significantly enough from person to person that we have to go through this
process many times and adjust to each customer on the fly.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.