accelerator bottle

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 04 Sep 2000 09:34:23 -0400

Hi Joe,

Different product different container.  I get my stuff from
Ed Dryburg, 800-GLUE-ALL because he is local, a piano person
and a nice guy.  He is the funny looking guy at the
conventions with the very lovely wife.

I don't like the accelerators because they all contain
tricloroethelene, trike, which is toxic and also doesn't
smell nice.  The accelerator must be used to clean both
surfaces before glueing for a good joint.  You do need to
allow the stuff to evaporate before applying the CA
otherwise it will set before you can get the pieces
together.

CA is good stuff, used properly, and in it right place.

Have a good UnLabor Day all.

		Newton