Why?

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Mon, 04 Sep 2000 20:37:11 +0000

Hola,

I was tuning a 1yr old Estonia (made by Estonia in Estonia, by Estonians)
190 cm grand.
It needed a pitch raise (non-con :) ) and I noticed an interesting thing...
well to my naïve and unspoiled psyche, it was, anyway.

O.K. I´m used to the bass being different in the overall pitch
relativity.  But ALL the bass strings were far FLATTER than the steel
strings.
There were about 5 double unisons in the tenor section so this was over
inherent over the break.

What gives?  Different string manufacturer?

Kristinn Leifsson,
Icelander in Iceland, manufactured by Icelanders.