Why?

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Mon, 04 Sep 2000 17:37:59 -0400

Kristinn Leifsson wrote:

> Hola,
>
> I was tuning a 1yr old Estonia (made by Estonia in Estonia, by Estonians)
> 190 cm grand.
> It needed a pitch raise (non-con :) ) and I noticed an interesting thing...
> well to my naïve and unspoiled psyche, it was, anyway.
>
> O.K. I´m used to the bass being different in the overall pitch
> relativity.  But ALL the bass strings were far FLATTER than the steel
> strings.

Just a wild guess:
Maybe after the piano was chipped & had received several tunings "Quality
Control" decided that the set of bass strings was bad (bad tone --
contaminated? loose windings? sloppy workmanship?) so they ripped the 1st set
off, and installed a new set. Now they're "behind schedule", so it got shipped
right out the door and straight to your neighborhood, and sat around a year
until you got involved with it.
My best guess, anyway.

Patrick