Debussy pedal

Rogerio Cunha rogeriocunha@ajato.com.br
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 18:59:16 -0300

To the list

Yesterday I went to tune a Yamaha Grand (G5) and the pianist that came =
from France asked me to regulate the sustain pedal half way. I was =
surprised because I never heard nothing about and he said to me that in =
Europe the technicians regulate the sustain pedal in a special way in =
order of the pianist to play Debussy.
I would like to know how to do this.
I suppose that this is impossible and that the pianist with rapid =
movements of the pedal may obtain an special effect.
Rogerio Cunha
IC Member of the Piano Technicians Guild
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil