broken plate

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:00:56 EDT

Christopher,

Try this idea before you completely give up.  A few years ago I was called in
to look at a S&S B which had been rewhatevered badly.  After about 6 months
the plate had broken perpendicular to the belly rail all the way through the
webbing just about in the middle of the piano.  In the course of discussing
an obviously lost cause someone suggested to call Steinway and see what they
could do.  They offered to rebuild the piano with a brand new plate for a
whole lost less than new.  That is when I left the picture so I don't know
the ultimate out come.  But it couldn't hurt to give Steinway a call and see
what they could do.  Putting a new plate in will certainly require redoing
all the work do thus far and then some but it might save someone's reputation
from irreparable harm.

Andrew Remillard