Selling the business

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:10:22 -0500

James, Jon, Ed, others,

Selling one's business clients or giving them away doesn't seem to be the
relevant issue to me.  I'm all for earning money when feasible, as well as
doing an act of benevolence when desired, but for some reason I'm not
certain I would want to do either in this instance, and equally, I can't
imagine some of the clients appreciating it much without first being
informed beforehand that such an action were about to take place.

I would be very reluctant to hand over the dBase files I have accumulated
over the years to another individual, regardless of any profit and/or
philanthropy motives, as the information was acquired by me via an
established trust that has developed through the passing of time that might
not have occurred otherwise.

Not really certain what the best approach would be, but it certainly
appears that the clients concerned ought to be advised one way or another
with some type of notification prior to such an event taking place.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild
USA

>I am relocating and looking for a technician
>to care for my clients...Price: $16,000.00.  Alternative
>methods of sale will be entertained.  Financing is possible...
-James P. Duggan  RPT