SAT users...

Patrick C. Poulson ppoulson@jps.net
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 08:51:33 -0700

Terry: I may be at the opposite end of the tuning spectrum from you.  I find
the stretch in the treble end is fine for my ear.  However, I rarely like
the bass stretched as much as the program calls for.  I usually reduce the
amount of stretch in the bass.  This may be because my main performance
instrument is the bass, and I strive for very clean intonation in the bottom
end.  I have been told by several customers that they prefer my tuning style
in the bass as well.  On the other hand, I tuned once for a retired
professional vioinist who wanted the treble stretched well beyond the
program's parameters.  Are you by any chance a string player?
Patrick Poulson, RPT