Selling the business

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:57:15 -0700

I am thinking about selling by client list in Phoenix (don't ask for it
yet!).

I would only sell it to an RPT and I would notify all those clients that
I had done so.

I think that the price mentioned at the beginning of this thread is too
little.  It has cost me a lot of time, advertising, personal development,
and trouble to obtain  these clients.  It cost me everytime I do a store
tuning for $8.50 or an in-home tuning for $13.00 to get that client from
the store.  I certainly do expect to be able to sell that "Prospect List"
for a good sum.

At present, I have had at times another technician do some of my tunings,
charging my rate and paying him $20 less.  Why in the world would I want
to sell those clients names for $20 if I can keep them and receive that
same amount every 6 to 12 months!

They only reason I would consider selling the names is to avoid the
responsibility of standing behind their work.

The original poster stated that financing was available, so the full
amount would not have to be paid up-front.  I would think that 1/2 of
each tuning or more, would be a good finance rate.

Larry Messerly, RPT
Prescott/Phoenix
(Trying to get to Prescott more and more.)