Shop tools: was Re: Plate Bushings

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 20:14:27 -0100

Hi, all,

I figured to plug my own favorites, one of which is on sale from Micro
Mark until this coming Thursday: the Microlux 3 3/8" table saw hardly
takes space - it only cuts up to 1/2" stock but is fantastic for small
stuff. MM also sells a smaller, but less versatile mini-ts.

The Wagner Safe-T Planer, and carbide-tipped Crapsman knock-off are nice
things to have, too. I've dedicated a radial arm saw to the more
primitive Sears tool, which is useful for flattening large surfaces -
it's a discontinued item, I got mine for like $14 instead of $45.

Sandvik's orange-handled carbide hand scrapers are the greatest, and
which double as veneer hammers with Stainless or Aluminum bars in place
of the blade. Travel irons are easily clamped, upside-down, to tables; I
use a hair straightener/crimper to compress felt and as a cheapie
bending iron for veneer.

Clark