No Subject

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 08:01:32 -0400

Tom,

I don't see an ethical problem here.  To keep yourself out of hot water, it would
be good to warn the client of potential problems.

Someone called me earlier this week, wanting to buy bridle straps.  He wasn't as
knowledgeable as your client and just wanted to come by and pick up a set.  He
didn't know whether he needed clips or corks and didn't know about the different
sizes of corks.  Before you know it you're spending a lot of time telling this
guy how to do the job, and he doesn't expect to pay for the advice.  That
generally rubs me the wrong way; I'm not set up to be a parts retailer.

But unethical?  I don't think so.

Regards, Clyde