Pitch Raise Sequence

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 21:41:39 EDT

Joe writes:
<< If the piano is overall 20c flat when you begin C88 will be a lot flatter
by

the time you get arround to tuning it. No? >>

      Yes, I think so.  But how much?  I dunno.   I was not sticking to
proven numbers, just general directions.  Bringing up a piano 25 cents from
the middle or bottom will drop the top end, but I haven't seen the very top
be too sensitive to the change.  I will admit to not measuring, so this will
wait till my next major pitch raise, (which means, my next new customer...)
   I will tune the C88 dead on before I do anything, and see where it goes
during the raise.
Thanks,
Ed