Pitch Raise Sequence

Norman Barrett n.h.barrett@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 23:19:58 -0500

Hi Terry,

This statement is the reason that I believe it to be a bad idea to start a pitch
raise in the treble. These high treble strings are so much closer to maximum
tension that it is better not to overpull them. By starting the pitch raise in
the bass, the overpull is not creating as big a problem and as you stated, by
the time you get to the last 3 to 6 notes, you can eliminate the overpull
altogether.

Norm Barrett
Memphis Chapter