Selling Parts

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 09:55:00 -0300

Hi List,
I will still sometimes sell parts to people. But it will depend on the
circumstances, a feeling I get for them. (Could they afford to pay for me to
do it, or not)
One experience I had with selling a set of keytops, did not sit well with
me.
I sold a set of keytops to someone for their piano. A couple of years later
they were selling the piano, and I found out they had told the new owner,
that I had installed the new keytops. It was a really bad looking job, they
had not even trimmed them, and they were uneven, and rubbing.
I told the new owner that I had not done the job, and offered to correct it
for them, for a charge.
Now can you imagine, if I had not been hired to tune it, it would have been
an example of how I supposedly replaced keytops. So I do not sell keytops to
anyone to replace.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada