Selling Parts

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 08:38:46 -0500

>Now can you imagine, if I had not been hired to tune it, it would have been
>an example of how I supposedly replaced keytops. So I do not sell keytops to
>anyone to replace.
>Regards,
>John M. Ross

Hi John,
This has been a problem for me many times in the past when I took pity on
someone and did patch work on some old beater to try to get them playing.
Far too many times, the piano showed up later, owned by another person who
was told that I had rebuilt it! It's probably a toss up. What you gain in
good will, you lose in reputation. It's a glandular thing - do you feel
like rolling the dice and trying to help, or not? Some caveats apply, may
be too intense for some participants. Then there's the time I condemned an
old Starr grand without doing a thing to it, only to condemn the same piano
three more times in the next year, each time hearing from the new owner
how, since I had rebuilt it, I should get it working for them. For free,
naturally.

Ron N