Bechstein

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:31:02 -0700

List,

I'm trying to get a few Renner shanks/flanges for a 1966 Bechstein concert
grand.  This is part #913 002 from the Renner USA kit.  Lloyd is going to
graciously try to find me a couple but he might strike out.  Any ideas?

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lloyd Meyer [mailto:renner@rennerusa.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 6:40 PM
To: David Ilvedson
Subject: Re: Bechstein

David,
Normally, the Bechstein uses the #913 002 with the small knuckle but check
it out.  We only sell in complete sets as our primary customers are piano
factories, and major rebuilders.  We supply two extra shanks in each set, so
our regular customers always have a few extras lying around.  However, we
may have one or two of the thinned treble shanks left over from assembling
our Parts Kits.  I think you ordered from us recently, so I'll be happy to
send you a couple at N/C.  I can check with our warehouse on Monday and let
you know.

The hammers are probably Gross 6 size on the concert grand which is the same
size as the Hamburg Steinway which is one size larger than what the New York
Steinway uses.  You could use our Gross 5 size, which is the same type of
hammer in the sense that it does not require lacquer or other chemical
additives.  It's just not as heavy.  We can also supply the Gross 6 size,
similar to what we supply the Hamburg Steinway.

We use an alpha account numbering system using the owner's name as our
customer relationships tend to be more personal.  Your number is: Ilve D

Regards,
Lloyd
Renner USA

From: "David Ilvedson" <ilvey@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 21:41:19 -0700

>Lloyd,
>
>I have a Bechstein Concert Grand, #158555, built in 1966.  I need to
replace
>a couple shanks/flanges in the 1st treble section, not the high treble.
The