price raising

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:44:29 GMT

Les, Brian, ET AL

My customers are constantly amazed my price hasn't gone up recently.  The
last time we changed them was in 1996 just after my dad died.  We went from
$65 to $90 in one fell swoop as we hadn't changed prices in years then
either.

A few people were surprised when we told them the new price, but most never
said _anything_, even the head of the conference center where we have taken
care of 20 pianos for the last 18 years never blinked an eye (and he's
_always_ looking for a bargain).

So don't get yourself all worried, today people _expect_ prices to rise. We
live in one of the most expensive areas of the country, near "Silicon
Valley" in CA. The house next door, which sold for $438,000 two years ago,
just sold again two months ago for $990,000!  I guess we should be charging
more like $200 by now, based on those figures.  Too bad tunings aren't real
estate!

Diane