Teflon bushings and CA

Derek Gibson derekg@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:53:33 -0600

Hi all,

I had the chance to witness a teflon bushing repair that I've never
heard of before but seems to work very well.  The hammer flanges on a
Steinway D were quite loose and there was no teflon bushing kit nearby.
So this person(who is very shy and whose name rhymes with Dodger Dolly,
the out of the closet steamer) used a dab of CA glue on the insides of
the flange near the bushing.  The glue formed a small collar around the
bushing.  The bushing was reamed with the parallel reamers from
Pianotek, and normal centre pins were used.   The flange is a bit on the
tight side allowing a a good focused tone.  It is important to note that
this action will probably be rebuilt fairly soon.
Has anyone ever heard of this repair before, and if so does it hold up
over time?

Thank,
Derek