Teflon bushings and CA

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:14:30 -0600

Hi Dan,
             Less than 3 months, Hopefully after next weeks Poulanc's duo
piano concerto.
The choice was. An uneven, unvoicable, treble for the second piano, or
gamble, with the institutions consent.
My recommendation was gamble.
The shanks and fanges were seperated before carefully applying the CA to
the edge of the collar. Flanges were reamed for 3 swings. I know a little
tight. but it gave a nice full singing treble.
The repair is not visible unless the flange is removed.  Many of the
bushings fell out once the flange was removed.
Thank's Ed and Newton,  this is what I considered a back against the wall
fix, but maybe not.
 Dan, your mentor's advice is sound. I am not 100% comfortable with it with
the fix, but some times we have to make tough choices.
 Between a Rock and a Hard Place.  <G>
Roger

At 02:08 AM 11/09/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, Derek.
>Way back, when I started in this business, my teacher taught me: There are
>only two ways to do a job - The cheap way or the right way.  It stuck with
me
>& I always do my best to adhere to that philosophy.
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213
Fax 652-0505