price raising

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:29:02 EDT

I would like add my 3 cents here. Last Saturday a fellow called me up and
said he bought an upright. He would like to have it tuned, 2 bass strings
replace, checked over, etc. He does not want to spend more than $200.

I told him that I could not guaranty the price but would look it over. If I
can do it for $200 or less, I will go ahead. If it is much more than $200 and
he does not want spend it, I must collect my minimum charge. If I feel it is
not worth working on, I will tell him and still collect my minimum charge. I
have a right to refuse the work.

He agreed and set up the appointment. It is always a good idea to do your
homework before you go out to the job.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR
www.davespianoworks.locality.com

In a message dated 09/11/2000 7:02:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,