Wally Brooks saves the day!

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:42:11 -0400

Removing material from the wippen heel is not going to make a significant
change in touchweight.
The effect of Key Ratio reduces that weight at the front of the key, so if
you remove 1g the resultant
weight reduction is 0.5g.  KR is approx. 2:1, but Strike Weight Ratio is
approx.5:1, so removing 1g
hammer weight lowers DW by 5g. And more significant is replacing the
knuckle further out on the shank.

I've found that wippen material removal is not worth the effort.

Been there, done that,

Jon Page

PS  Wally does come through with speedy service.