Wally Brooks saves the day!

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 05:55:10 GMT

Perhaps some of you saw my photos of the wierd action parts from a JC
Fischer grand that I had to replace with modern ones.  The object was to
make the action feel _lighter_ and the original wips were 5 grams lighter
than the replacements. (and narrower too)

At Arlington, in the rebuilding workshop, someone suggested I take material
out of the wippen heels.  In doing so, my homemade jig didn't work too well
on the first half dozen or so and they split open at the place where the
dowel is inserted at top.  I called Wally in a panic and he said he didn't
know if he had any "loose" ones, but would look.  Three days later, there
they were in my mailbox.  Now THAT's SERVICE!

Diane