Piano tuning and ergonomics

Robert A. Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:19:00 -0700

Several good resources have been pinpointed. One that hasn't been is
Clair Davies' 8-part article on self-massage in PTJ in 1998-9. Until I
began to investigate trigger point pain patterns, I thought that all
finger numbness was due to constriction of the carpal tunnel. Now I know
that finger muscle trigger points exist as far away as the scalene
muscle between the shoulder and neck.

I get regular massages, take a yoga class, and perform my own self
trigger point massage. Someone suggested that his masseuse dug into
tendons to break adhesions. I guess it doesn't matter what you call it
if it works, but I think the knots are in muscle tissue, not tendons. As
far as I know, all the massage that is performed on me is on muscle, not
connective tissue.

Anyway, the care of our bodies is important, so thanks for bringing it
up.

Bob Anderson
Tucson, AZ