Roller Size, again

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:02:30 -0500

>>But now that
> >you have shortened it,  it {the balance lever} can no longer be called a
"lever" ; ) .

> I don't see why not! It still performs as a lever which supports the
> hammer shank to facilitate repetition.

I beg your pardon, I wrote faster than I remembered middle school physics.
A lever can have the fulcrum on the end instead of in the middle, making it
a class one, two or three, I can't remember.

>our first grand piano (with the above mentioned
> action) is on display today as part of an Olympics business promotion
> put on by our State government. I'd better get some sleep.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron Overs

 I hope you have a good display (like 100) as I think much interest will
come
out of your action designs. ---ric