Geometry question

Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:12:39 +0200

Hi Dave.. I am not too awfully up on upright Geometry.. gotta correct that
soon... grin.. BUT... I do know that the combination of rake angle, shank
length, and bore length has to result in a hammer that strikes the string
such that the shank is at less then parallel with the string or you run
into blubbering. I am not really sure why this is so, but it came up at a
Renner class I took a bit back. I am sure Newton could expound a bit on
this (perhaps correct a misunderstanding on my part ?)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.