Geometry question

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:36:49 -0400

> trikes the string such that the shank is at less
> then parallel with the string or you run into blubbering.

If the hammer goes past vertical the return is slowed by
gravity pulling straight down and you loose repetition.
Sorry I forgot that part in my earlier post.

I have not had a lot of experience with Bechseins (eight or
ten) but I have noticed that they are inconsistent in
respect to hammer boring distances, angles, rakes and string
heights.  Often what I see makes not mechanical sense at all
and flies in the face of my current low level of knowledge.
Perhaps there is someone out there who can explain the
logic.  _I_ would love to know.

		Newton