Spotty Kawai Revisited

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 14:50:51 EDT

Dear Friends and Collegues,

After revisting the Kawai UST-8, I found green spots all over the strings. I
originally though they were grey, but the second visit proved me wrong. I
guess my bifocals failed me the first time.

I went ahead and cleaned a sample string that has a buzzing sound with steel
wool. The spots are all over and deeply inbedded. I gave the string a twist,
retuned it, and found a lot of improvement, but not to where I think it
should be with a piano only 8 years old.

Since the spots were spread all over, Kawai agreed to replace them. My thanks
Don Mannino for all of his technical help in this matter.  The UST-8 is a
fine piano and I service many of them in a local school district.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR
www.davespianoworks.locality.com