pianodisk query

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:45:58 -0400

At 12:52 PM 09/18/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Not being a pianodisc tech, I got a call from a customer that bought a YC
>153 with pianodisc installed in Florida. I tuned the piano about 3 years
>ago and did major pitch raising and minor regulation. Tried to get them to
>have follow up tunings last year but they refused. Now the customer calls
>me to tell me that the pianodisc system won't work no more...
>
>Now, before I go there empty handed, I tried to get to pianodisc website
>to find some kind of technical knowledge but was unable to find anything.
>Is there a website with such technical infos? Is there anything I should
>try to do or just refer them to I don't even know who?
>
>If anyone has knowledge and is willing to share, I'm willing to go out
>there and check things out, but not empty handed.
>
>Marcel Carey
>Sherbrooke, QC

Plug it in.  :-)
Your best bet is to refer them to the nearest dealer for Pianodisc, have
them look in the yellow pages.
Even armed with basic knowledge can get you into more trouble. "A little
knowledge is a dangerous thing".

If you want to follow through, tell them that you will go there and tune it
and visually inspect to make
certain all the plugs are connected (unplug before tuning, check plug
connections after tuning).
Beyond that, don't dig a hole you may not be able to get out of.
Before you know it, all its maladies will be your fault.

Accept the tuning and defer the player service,

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net