mic strings first

Rickeys88@AOL.COM Rickeys88@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:52:30 EDT

>>>Steinway is the only company I know the marks their string
sizes from right to left.  Everyone else marks them from
left to right so you are missing nothing.

        Newton
-----------------
It has been my experience
that the preponderance of marking is done right to left rather than left to
right when it is done at all............your mileage may vary though cause we
is kinda backward here in de swamps. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)

Newton, Jim ,

I guess Travis will have to settle this one.  We recently moved so my "Guide
to Restringing" is somewhere in a room filled with boxes of books.  I'll
probably have to get a new copy and find out what it is before the old one
will show up.

Thanks alot for your input.  I hope I did'nt stur up any swamp gas.

Ric Forcier
NY     ( I also forgot we don't live in NJ anymore )