Piano Tuning And Ergonomics

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:34:37 EDT

Kristen writes:
<< I started having yoga lessons -- at 7.30 in the morning-- TWICE a day on
Mondays.

Itīs really great you guys.  You should try it.

I bet a VERY large part of you out there donīt do any kind of exercise and

wonder why you feel bad and canīt tune pianos with the comfort you could

when you were 21 (back on pliocene) >>

Greetings,
     The value of a program like yoga shows itself in a month or two.  The
hardest part of the entire venture is maintaining the mental discipline to DO
IT EVERY DAY! There will be times that it just seems inconvienent, but the
continual stretching of the bodies connective tissue needs to be a regular
part of the day.  Keeping the flexibility in the muscles and tendons is
important, but equally if not more so,  the nerves need to be able to stretch
along with them.
    Getting and staying tight is a surefire recipe for joint, nerve, and
circulation problems.  I just wish I had started yoga earlier than I did.
Good luck, don't stop, never give up,
Ed Foote