Dopey Tuning

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:39:17 -0400

Terry,

My opinion is that doped pinblocks going out of tune in a short period of time
is a possibility, not necessarily the general rule.  Maybe it depends on what
kind of dope was used or how badly shot the pinblock was before the doping.

I have more of a problem with the stuff not really doing the job anymore (maybe
it never really did!), and the pins sometimes don't have enough torque to stay
in pitch.  Like you, I also hate that mushy feel you get sometimes.

Regards,
Clyde