insurance

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 20:08:41 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/00 4:15:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
pneely@thegrid.net writes:

<< List last year Potter and Leonard raised the ins. by lowering the tools
from
 a unit of $3000 to $2000 this years the on premises tooLs etc. is an
 additional $30.  Is their another choice for our insurance (does someone
 have a better one)  Pat >>

As far as I know, there probably is not another insurance coverage as good,
or as inexpensive as what Potter Leonard have to offer. They can offer this
insurance to PTG members at a lower rate because the policy is specifically
designed for us, and there is a large number of people sharing the risk
involved. The only way to get it cheaper is to buy more of another kind of
insurance as part of a package deal. For instance, since I own a store, I
have to carry liability, workman's comp, and a bigger amount of coverage for
my pianos, etc. The specific amount I pay for my tool and bailey is probably
lower that what you are paying, but then my total premium for all the other
insurance is a lot higher.

I know it's hard to justify the increase in premium, but it is well worth
having. The alternative would be no insurance, and that, in our occupation,
would not be a good idea.

Willem