Dopey Tuning, because they didn't use GARFIELDS

Pianofxrguy@AOL.COM Pianofxrguy@AOL.COM
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:24:18 EDT

In a message dated 09/23/2000 7:01:29 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Has anyone else ever
tried GARFIELDS tuning pin tightener?  >>

       I've used Garfields a number of times with great success. The only
time I was disappointed with the results was an old upright that was too far
gone and I shouldn't have tried it in the first place. (I was looking for a
miracle, I guess.)
       I use CA most of the time now, mainly because it is a faster fix. But
for a situation where a new pinblock is out of the question, Garfields will
revitalize many that are old and dried out.
       I ran into that mushy feeling once after using Garfields, but the
pinblock had been treated with the other dark, goopy stuff some years prior
to that, and I warned the customer in advance that the pinblock might be done
for. After using the Garfields, the pins did hold OK, they just felt funny
while tuning.
       John Stroup