Rebush Damper Guide Rail

Pianofxrguy@AOL.COM Pianofxrguy@AOL.COM
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:34:25 EDT

In a message dated 09/23/2000 7:29:36 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Anyone out there ever rebush the damper guide holes in a
square grand? >>

       I did several guide holes on a square. It took a lot of felt and a lot
of trial and error on fit. As I recall, I put a sharp bend in the end of a
length of piano wire, fed it down through the hole, hooked the felt and
pulled it up. After trimming top and bottom, I was able to ream a little with
a long, really skinny round file and by heating a regular grand damper guide
tool to compress the felt a little, made the damper wire work freely. It was
a lot of work for very little satisfaction and the customer turned out not to
like the sound of a square as much as she thought she would.
       I kind of try to avoid squares these days.
             John Stroup