Bass string making (was Hex Roslau wire?)

Carl W. Meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:55:13 -0700

Richard:  Thanks for the post.  Why? Why? Why? do answers always lead to
more questions?
I assume that when you say hex wire has lower inharmonicity, you are
talking about strings wound on hex wire (could be just hex wire?).  I don't
doubt it, I just want to know why.
Now you've given me an additional research  project that I hadn't even
considered.  My schedule for research projects already exceeds my life
expectancy.  Could you define erratic inharmonicity?  I guess the schedule
slips because every answer to a question spawns more  questions in a
prolific, logrithmic manner. Like they say, progress was okay, but it's
gone on too long.

Regards

Carl Meyer

--- Carl W. Meyer, Santa Clara, Ca.