Bass string making (was Hex Roslau wire?)

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:49:24 +0930

Hey Richard,

I am sure I was told that it takes longer (in time) to settle the stretch in
bass strings with a hexcore centre than with the normal round wire.
Possibly because the wire is heated before the last draw on round wire to
make it hex.

I think that is what I heard so it must be true.

Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au