Enlightenment

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:40:55 -0400

I have discovered that CA fails over time on ivory repair.

I thought I was rather clever by wicking it in under the loose front edge
but within a year or two the ivories came loose again. Quick field
repairs also came off. Contact cement looses its grip also.

The only solid repairs have been with hot hide glue with titanium oxide
mixed in 5:1. But most people do not want the expense of doing it right
and opt for the quick fix knowing another quick fix is down the line.

Regards,

Jon Page