Reblitz- Alive and Well!!

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:18:51 -0700

Art Reblitz is a personal friend and I have been in touch with him on a
simi-regular basis.  We last exchanged e-mail about a month ago.  He
lives in Colorado Springs where he has a nice rebuilding shop.
Currently he is remodeling it to make it larger and add a bathroom.  I
visited his shop a number of years ago.  He is also working on a new
book on the history of automatic music machines which will feature color
illustrations.

Art is still very much into pianos but the love of his life is restoring
rare music machines.  He has rebuilt some of the most amazing and
spectacular music machines you could imagine for many of the biggest and
wealthiest collectors world wide.  When an instrument enters his shop it
leaves looking and playing like it did the day it left the factory,
including all new piano components, sound boards, etc.  He hasn't been
to a convention in many years but told me he would consider going to
Reno next summer.

Art is a very private person and it took many years for me to get on a
personal level with him.  Once you get to know him he is a very nice and
humble person.  He enjoys talking about mechanical music and researching
historical aspects.  I'll pass the word on to him that there were
inquiries about his well being.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

Brian Trout wrote:

> I think he exists. But he's been more into other things, such as
player restoration, and maybe even more by now.  The story I heard is
that he pretty much got burned > out on pianos, and doesn't even want to
talk about them anymore.  (Don't know for sure.)

>  I could see how that could happen.  Sometimes people go through
phases in their life that take them from one industry or profession to
another, but they can leave >  behind some great things for those who
follow.  Great minds can get bored with one subject, as can any of us.

Ray Bentley wrote:

> I did a search on the PTG page.  Reblitz is listed as an RPT.  I still
wonder if anyone knows him.