Teflon spray

Todd L Mapes foxmeadow@juno.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:07:32 -0500

List,

I'm needing to lubricate the knuckles on a grand that I service, and I
was going to order some teflon powder from Spurlock, but found out too
late that he's closed until October 1.  I found some teflon spray at the
home improvement store, marketed as "Lock Lubrication Spray" and says it
contains PTFE (teflon), but doesn't say what else.  There is also a
teflon spray in the sporting goods section at Wal-Mart put out by Outers.
 It says it has 3-Way action and is marketed for firearms, so I'm not
sure if it has other additives besides teflon.  Anybody have any first
hand experience with teflon sprays from hardware or sporting goods
stores?  What are the cautions?  Could there be other additives in there
that would harm the piano?  I've got to have the teflon by Thursday, so
that's not enough time to order from a supply house without paying
through the nose for overnight delivery.  Any suggestions?

Todd L. Mapes
PTG Associate Member
Fort Smith, AR
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!