Meantone Moonlight

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:42:30 -0500

.

> I used the chart {for meantone} in the back of the Sanderson Book as my
guide...she went right intoMoonlight Sonata......she wasn't sure what she
was hearing, but she likedit..when she asked me what I did, I went into a
breif explaination of HT's..she never knew they existed and didn't really
know what "Well-Tempered Clavier" meant until yesterday.

> Rook

Wow that was fast, I still am not sure that WTC means as far as the temp
Bach had in mind.

The Moonlight sounds divine in MT. The first two movements at least.  Except
for a couple of places, but that is where "ornaments" help I suppose.  The
key sigs would be good discussion for theory vs temperament.  ((help)).  Are
you talking about 1/4 comma MT? ---ric