Aural?

Laura Olsen laura257@chicagonet.net
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:46:44 -0500

Dear Kristinn,
I've been an aural tuner for 15 years, the last 6 months I've been using
ears and a RCT. Using the RCT has not increased my tuning time, but I have
become more aware. BTW there will be tuning classes for everyone in Reno!
Laura Olsen, RPT
Team2001 Institute Director
44th Annual PTG Convention & Institute
July 11-15, 2001
Reno, Nevada

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Kristinn Leifsson
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 5:23 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Aural?

Hello friends,

Iīve been thinking about the aural/ETD ratio on this list.

I know some people here tune aurally and others have ETDīs, some even tune
orally.
I myself use a mysterious little yellow box that fools them every time
:)  No, Iīm aural.

I imagine that the census here would be a little different from the average
in the world, since Internet people tend to be technologically oriented.

And the ones that use ETDīs, did you work as aural tuners first?

Regards,

Kristinn