Aural?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:03:25 -0400

I have been an aural tuner for 35 years but used an SAT II
for the nine years I was at Rutgers University because I had
145 pianos to try to keep in tune, and working, and I HATE
tuning in practice rooms.  Now, that I am retired, I use
both.

I have done a lot of shooting in my youth and the impact
sound pressure levels can reach 115 dB in the high treble so
my hearing is not what it was forty years ago.  Many pianos
I can hear all the way up but some defy almost any ear.  I
_know_ what I want to hear and I know what I want to see so
I use my SAT as an adjunct to my ears.

		Newton