Teflon spray

Laura Olsen laura257@chicagonet.net
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:55:01 -0500

Ray,
I've been using a piece of hammer felt to apply the teflon powder.  It's
slightly coved, so I dip it in the powder and rub it into the knuckles. I've
tried several different types of brushes and the only one that I thought
worked well was a stenciling brush (craft or hardware stores).
That powder's not inexpensive, I don't want to slop it around!
Laura Olsen,RPT
Barrington, IL

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Ray T. Bentley
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 10:26 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Teflon spray

Those of you who use Bill Spurlock's powdered teflon:

How do you apply it so it doesn't go everywhere?  I have used an artist
brush with it, but it still is hard to control. Also doesn't it need to be
rubbed in to be effective.  Elmer's Slide All is soooooo easy to use, and it
is VERY effective.  I've used it for probably ten years and have only found
one piano that needed another application, and that was probably  after 5
years.

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL