ivory grain

David Love lovedg@hotmail.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:13:35 GMT

On some ivory keys the grain is texturally quite pronounced, on others it is
not.  When replacing missing ivory heads it is often necessary to sand over
the joint between the head and the tail to make the seam completely smooth
to the touch.  In the event you are replacing a head on a "grainy" key
board, it would be nice to raise, or etch, the grain back into the head to
duplicate the existing texture.  I am wondering what the technique for doing
this is.

David Love