Jorgensen's Book "Tuning" available from Schaff

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:04:36 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/00 7:10:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
wilson53@marshall.edu (Wilsons) writes:

<< I called Schaff yesterday.  They checked, & they6're out.  Talked w Cal.
Who
 are you all dealing with? >>

I apologize to the List if I got some people interested who will now be
disappointed.  Tuesday, I placed a large order with Herb Johnson and one of
the items was a new Pierce Piano Atlas which is listed in the new catalog.  I
saw Owen's book listed there and asked him if it was available.  To my
surprise, he said "yes" and also gave me the information about it now being
in print again.  He must have been mistaken about its availability.

Also, on the other Jorgensen publications, someone asked if I was offering
the whole book, Tuning the HT's by Ear and the answer is, no, sorry.  I am
offering a valuable temperament from it, however, the 1/7 Comma Meantone,
complete with the Electronic Tuning data plus variations that are not found
in the book.  It is the same handout that was offered at the 1998 Temperament
Festival at the Annual Convention in Providence.

I think photocopy reproductions of Jorgensen's two earlier publications are
something the PTG Home Office could handle and could be made as the demand as
the demand for them dictates.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin