Ear plugs

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 06:48:35 -0500

Clyde and List,

I have worn custom Westone molds and 15 dB ER inserts for about eight months
or so. I use them for the entire tuning, and find that my ears are as
sensitive at the last tuning as they are at the first. I have not once
regretted buying the plugs.

Buy 'em and use 'em!

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Clyde Hollinger
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 5:55 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Ear plugs

Friends,

How many of us wear ear plugs for some or all of the tuning?  Is the number
increasing?  I started within the past two years when I developed a slight
tinnitis which I suppose I will have the rest of my life.  Are there some
old
tuners who have never used ear plugs and yet have excellent hearing?  I feel
it
is a sensible precaution although I would rather not bother with them.

Regards, Clyde