U5

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:17:20 +0200

kam544@flash.net wrote:

> >...What's the difference between pressure bars and agraffes? I know what they
> >are, but I don't know which system is better and why.
> >Calin
>
> Some subjective differences from my point of view:
> 1) cost
> 2) quality of termination points for speaking length
> 3) spacing
> 4) appearance

I might point out that the 2nd item above really needs closer definition.
"Quality" in this sense doesnt really mean "how good" or "how bad"... its more a
matter of.... I shall use the word "color".  There are sloppy terminations of all
sorts as well as terminations that show fine workmanship.

Another point to add to these has to do with how they wear over time, and how easy
or not they are to service / replace / repair. While a pressure bar may be easy
enough to replace, redressing the cast iron termination is not neccessarily so
straight forward. It might be so worn that to redress it would require chaning the
down bearing relationships a bit. Maybe a minor issue... maybe not.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.