HEX Core Inharmonicity

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:48:33 +0930

Hi Richard,

Don't know about inharmonicity but they seem to take longer to settle than
the normal wire, and though good for what they are, to me they do not have
the same tonal qualities as the round core so I would be inclined to say
 "Yes they are different in  harmonicity and my ear tells me that the  round
core string is more harmonically rich and if as I suspect, that the hexcore
wire is softer, then the stiffness factor would be less thus the
inharmonicity would be lower."

Now to string a F3 note with both types of wire and test inharmonicity with
a ETD.

Regards

Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia