lecture for high school students?

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:01:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/2001 12:19:47 PM Mid-Atlantic Daylight Time,
drwoodwind@hotmail.com writes:

> make this as NOT boring as possible, so I'm taking all
> suggestions for demos, visual aides, handouts, etc.  The labs where I'll be
> speaking are full electronic labs, but both have 'real' pianos there too.
> Since I'm the one that services these pianos, I can pretty much do anything
> I want.  So what do you think?
>
> thanks in advance!
>
> Hi:
>
> I've done this many times and suggest you bring old double wound and single
> strings, action parts, springs,hammers, tuning pins- etc.,  enough to pass

   while you are talking about them.  Use visual aids-a chalkboard- and bring
electronic tuner if you use one.  Detune some notes and let them hear you
bring them back to "center".  Alll fascinating stuff for kids of all ages-6
to 60.  Have really enjoyed the responses I have had.  One school has me back
 every year.  I have made their Hall of Fame and am called the "Piano
Doctor".  Have even made the local newspapers two times.  Great Fun!

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio