Hourly rate

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:39:47 EDT

I have been kicking around this life for quite a few years.  I remember my
first teaching job where I made $90 a week.  It is sometimes hard for me to
be comfortable about charging an hourly rate for piano tech work in the $60
range.

All that is a preface to the following

I moved my business phones to a new location the other day.  There was
already two line phone service at the location.  The technician (Ameritech)
charged me $71 for walking in the door and $100/hr for the work he did.
Which by the way was only to install two more jacks.  One right at the phone
service box and another about 40 ft away.....neither one hard to get to.
Total bill $216 for about one hour and 15 minutes. I guess I was born 40
years too soon.

By the way my area is in mid Michigan in an average cost of living area.
(Tuners get around $60 per tuning).

Interesting.  Happy Easter to all

Dick Day
Marshall MI